Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Best Advise

Isn't it funny how we can give the best advices to other people but may not be able to apply the same things to our own lives? One of my colleagues is facing a really big problem with his family. I know how it feels. I've been in his situation several times and it's not easy. Over some bottles of beer, I started telling him my life story and how I was able to recover from it. To be honest, I'm really not sure if I had recovered trully. There are moments when I still get flashes of images I'd rather not remember anymore. There are moments when my heart begins to feel the same hurt I was feeling before. It's hard, it really is. Yesterday I felt the need to be there. Sometimes the burdens that we are carrying becomes lighter if we share it with somebody who understands the situation. After  a while I find my self talking about moving on, forgiveness... FAITH. I realized, I was actually making sense. More than me trying to help a friend, I guess subconsciously I was trying to encourage my self to stand up and rebuild my life. I guess it's true, nobody can fully help us in our struggles but our own selves.

3 comments:

  1. i like the 'you' right now. much wiser than before. (i think. hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always easier to solve the same puzzle the second time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. People can give advice, but at the end of the day, it is up to us to change our own lives.

    I am Fickle Cattle.

    ReplyDelete