Sunday, September 19, 2010

1 Year Later

I was browsing through my Facebook notes when I found a note dated August 16, 2009. It was my goodbye letter for my ex. I was really having the worst time of my life back then and yet I was still in love with the person I gave my whole heart to. After a few months I accepted her back into my life again but I can't say that it has become the same happy relationship we had before. Exactly 1 year after posting the note we broke up again for the second time and this time it's for good. August 16, 2010 I regained my life, took control of it. Exactly 1 year after, I'm no longer held by the same chains that gave me suffering. No need to dwell on the past anymore but below I pasted the goodbye note I composed for her.


Goodbye



I've been dealing with this pain for quite a while,
But I still held on.
Because I Love You.

Now we reached the crossroad..
And came to this point where we have separate paths.

The road was bumpy, full of rocks and puddles,
but I held on.
Because you make me feel safe.

I never anticipated you'd push me down the cliff,
and break me into pieces.
But I forgive you,
because that's how love works.

But now after some moment alone
in this cold, dark mountain side
I noticed the wounds that you've given me.
I love you but I guess I need to love my self as well.
I need to heal my self.

Now you need to travel alone to your chosen destination.
But let my heart guide you through the way.
I know it's gonna be colder here on my side of the road,
But I know memories of us will make me warmer.


While writing this note, I'm crying like a river.
But as they say, when you're lost, just trace back the flow,
and you'll find home.

I love you so much, it's hard for me to let you go.


I'll miss you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment