Monday, July 15, 2013

Around Cebu: Sto. Niño Church and The Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral

This is the last installment of my "Around Cebu" series. The day before our flight back to Manila, Marielle and I decided to not go to the beach and instead, just roam around the city and visit its most famous landmarks. After we went to the Chapel of San Pedro Calungsod, we went downtown to the Magellan's Cross and beside it is the Basilica Minore del Santo Niño. I wasn't able to take a snapshot of the structure but I was able to take a photo of the most magnificent altar I have ever seen.


Before we left, I was wondering why there was no priest at the altar but there was an on-going mass. It turned out masses are being held at the quadrangle outside the church.



After the Sto Niño church, we took a cab to go to the Cebu Cathedral. To our surprise, the church was actually just a few blocks away. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment