Sunday, April 11, 2010

Forgotten Journal

It would have been nice if I was able to continue this journal I was starting to write when I moved to Manila. Stress was one of the factors but I guess it's okay. Everyday is another chance to start a new journal of life's adventures. While I have not had the time to do so let me just post the entries I made 2 and a half years ago and reminisce...




>>

Episode 1
The Beginning

I’m off to Manila for work! Sunday, while everybody is just relaxing in their homes or just enjoying the weekend somewhere, here I am very busy packing my things for “the Big move”. Honestly, I am not at all very thrilled to move to Manila. I am not one of those people. But I guess I need this for my own personal growth. In Batangas I have all the luxuries a bum like me could ever ask for, but now that I have moved to Pasig, everything changed so dramatically. It’s so freaking HOT here! I guess I need to adjust to living not so comfortably from now on. Okay, to describe my room, it’s small but decent, I’m oh so bored, I have TV here but the cable is in the Mezzanine and I cannot bring the 21 inch TV up there. Oh good. Luckily I have my laptop, my celphone and my music to keep me company for now. So, it’s 10 pm, I’m tired, bored, hot and writing this blog which I cannot even post online. Sh*t. Well there’s still reason to celebrate, I will be starting work tomorrow, hopefully everything will work out fine and I am looking forward to day 2. As for now, I will end this entry here and will go straight to bed. I have to be at the office at 6:30 am.
Episode 2
Boredom

I woke up 4 am today with 2 messages from my baby which is enough to brighten up my day. I fell asleep again and woke up 30 minutes later. My baby was also awake at that time so we exchanged text messages also before I took a bath and got ready for work. I had an early call at around 6:30 but wtf the orientation started at almost 8. Anyway, it was orientation day and I can’t even explain how boring it was. Blah blah blah I had to listen to the trainers talk for hours. Well, at least there was free lunch for today. After waiting in line for almost 2 hours for the ID picture and finger printing I got out from work and went straight back to my place.

Episode 3
New Faces
Yesterday was not the most exciting day of my life but I am hopeful that everything will work out well for me on my first “real”job ever. I am not the boss anymore, I am not gonna be the one who will make decisions anymore. It’s going to be me deciding my fate. Second day of the company orientation, I was made to speak in front of 100 something people. Of course I sucked! Anyway, it’s only the second day of work and I am pretty sure they will not be able to remember me. It was time to actually give out work assignments and schedules for foundations training. Kuya Rolan who was my buddy for two days was in a different group. Sigh, I really thought I was going to be a loner at the office but then before the day ended two of my group mates approached me and introduced themselves. They were Myk and Dessa. Well, going into foundations training I atleast know two people. Time to go home… bought a sandwich for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment